Moroccan Lamb Casserole
- 1 kg lamb shoulder diced
- 200g jar Riki Kaspi Spice Journey Lamb and Beef Chermoula Moroccan Marinade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 tin tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 dried apricots, or any dried fruit
- 10 pitted green olives
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Up to 1 tablespoon Riki Kaspi Spice Journey Moroccan Harissa or to taste (optional for chili lovers)
- Fresh coriander leaves, chopped for garnish
- 100g whole blanced and toasted almonds
- Riki Kaspi Spice Journey Moroccan Couscous Kit to serve
Everyone will love the flavour of this slow cooked lamb casserole cooked with Riki Kaspi Spice Journey Lamb and Beef Chermoula
Mix the diced lamb with the contents of the jar of Lamb and Beef Chermoula Moroccan Marinade so all the pieces are well coated and set aside to marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
Fry the onion in the olive oil until soft in a deep heavy based saucepan with a lid.
Add the diced tomato and cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
Add the lamb and the marinade mix to the saucepan. Add the water, mix well, cover with the lid and cook for 2.5 hours on very low heat or in the oven for 3 hours at 160 deg C.
Halfway through the cooking time, add the olives and the prunes or other dried fruit.
When fully cooked remove from the heat and skim excess fat from the surface with a large spoon.
Stir through the honey, cinnamon and the Moroccan Harissa to your taste..
Garnish fresh coriander leaves and toasted almonds and serve with Couscous.