This recipe can be served up to 4 persons.
- 1 kg lamb shoulder (or leg) – large diced
- 200g jar Riki’s Lamb and Beef Chermoula Moroccan spice paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onion – diced
- 1 tin diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons water
- 10 dried apricots, or any dried fruit
- 2 x ¼ of Riki’s Preserved lemon
- 400gr chickpeas – soaked overnight and cooked (Or 1 tin of chickpeas)
- For garnish: Roasted almonds & Fresh coriander leaf chopped
- Optional: 1 tbs Riki’s Moroccan Hot Harissa (For chilli lovers)
- To serve with: Riki’s Moroccan Couscous Kit (or with rice)
- Mix the diced Lamb with the contents of the jar of Riki’s Lamb Chermoula and set aside to marinate for 4 hours or overnight.
- In a large casserole fry the onion in the oil until softened
- Add the diced tomato and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Add the diced lamb mixed with Riki’s Chicken Chermoula, cover and cook for 40m on low heat (or until tender & ready).
- Halfway through the cooking add the prunes & olives
- Add Riki’s Preserved Lemon just before ready, mix well and cook for a few more minutes
- When fully cooked, remove from the heat and skim excess fat from the surface.
- To serve: Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with Riki’s Aromatic Moroccan Couscous.